Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 2: Orange

I never wear orange nail polish. I own a total of 1 orange nail polish, that was given to me by a friend because she didn't like it. The closest I ever get to orange is coral. I don't like orange nail polish. It doesn't like right on me. So, considering, this was a pretty hard prompt for me.

Anyway, I borrowed my sister's orange nail polish (her school colors are orange and black, and they are very spirited over there), and came up with a design that I don't hate.


By itself, the orange was pretty boring, and I was tempted to take it off right away, but I decided that since the challenge is called "The 31 Day Nail Art Challenge," that I needed to, y'know, put in some nail art. So I taped off part of my ring finger and added a gold explosion, a la Nailside

I actually like it. It's very fresh and summery looking. And yeah, I know it's technically not summer anymore, but it sure feels like it in Norcal right now.

So, I managed to give myself an orange mani that I didn't detest. Yay!



Polishes used: 
1 coat Revlon Colorstay Base Coat
2 coats Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Sun Kissed
1 coat China Glaze Passion (explosion)
1 coat Sally Hansen Insta Dry Topcoat

Next time I get to do one of my favorite colors- yellow! 
Thanks for reading (:

No comments:

Post a Comment