Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Messy Lines

So,  if you know me in real life, you know that my favorite band is called R5. Yeah okay, I'm not going to give you their backstory, but this is a manicure that I did because I wanted to do something incorporating all of their favorite colors, but I'm not a fan of having a different color on every finger. I added the sixth color to balance out the colors, or it would look too green. There are five band members, and they're mostly all siblings, and they have one other sibling who isn't in the band. Anyway, I used all six of their favorite colors in this manicure, over a base coat of white, and freehanded the band's logo in silver on my ring finger.

I freehanded all the stripes with an old liquid eyeliner brush that I use as a nail art brush, but it's pretty crappy and doesn't work that well, so it didn't turn out that great. I kinda still like this, but I think it would look even cooler with a matte topcoat. I don't have one (yet) though, so I had to leave it shiny.

It's super messy and uneven looking, but I kinda like it. I was thinking of doing some complicated thing with scotch tape, to make the lines more precise, but I just thought, yolo (Oh god I hate myself) and freehanded them. I think its kinda cute.

Anyway. Here are some pictures. Enjoy <3


Two coats of Orly White Out over Revlon Colorstay Basecoat

Colors used:
Dark Green: a franken that I made by mixing together Sinful Colors Lucky Green, OPI Black Onyx, and a little bit of clear
Lime Green: China Glaze Paper Chasing
Blue: Sephora by OPI Natural Environ-mint
Yellow: Sally Hansen Lightening
Pink: Sephora by OPI Access 24/7
Red: Sephora by OPI Sample Sale


Hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment