Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One Direction Nails


So my friend Haley came over the other day, and she challenged me to create One Direction inspired nails.



I based the designs off of what the guys wore during their Up All Night concert.



It's... yeah, it's not bad. But it could definitely be a LOT better. I'm super bad at freehanding nail art, and it turned out kinda messy. I'm also really bad at making thin, straight lines. Oh well. On to the picturesssssssss 

Base colors:
Thumb, middle, ring finger: Orly White Out
Pointer finger: Sephora by OPI Sample Sale
Pinkie: NYC Skin Tight Denim Creme (#115A) - I used a paper hole reinforcer for the half moon-- to make a collar shape.


Details: 
Pinkie: Orly Instant Artist Striper in Crisp White
Ring finger: SOPI Sample Sale and NYC Skin Tight Denim Creme, freehanded with an old liquid eyeliner brush
Middle finger: bowtie in SOPI Sample sale, jacket in SOPI Break A Leg-Warmer, details drawn with a black Sharpie
Pointer finger: Cardigan with SOPI Break a Leg-Warmer, collar drawn with a black Sharpie
Thumb: freehanded with NYC Skin Tight Denim Creme

As per usual, I used Revlon Colorstay Base Coat, and Sally Hansen Instadry Topcoat. 

Even though it didn't turn out the way I had hoped, it still looks kinda cute. 
What do you guys think?


No comments:

Post a Comment