Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Glitter Chevron Nails

Good morning!
This is going to be a relatively quick post, as I have to get to work soon. Today's manicure is mostly based around this gorgeous nail polish from the Sally Hansen Gem Crush line called Big Money. I'm too lazy to go take a picture of the bottle right now, but this is what it looks like.

It's a gorgeous mix, with small flecks of light gold glitter, and larger chunks of lilac glitter. On it's own, it's opaque in three coats or more, but it is quite thick, so I like to layer it over Orly Rage, a lovely rose gold.

So when I was doing my nails yesterday, I decided to play on the lilac glitters, and combine it with Sephora by OPI It's Hippo to be Square. (seriously, who comes up with these names? What does that even mean?) So I broke out my scotch tape and created these simple V-gaps. I really like the look of them, actually, and the glitter matches quite nicely with the base color.





Polishes used:
Revlon Colorstay Base Coat
Sephora by OPI It's Hippo to be Square
Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money
Sally Hansen Insta-dry Topcoat

 Well, I gotta get to work. See you soon!


1 comment: