Saturday, August 25, 2012

Harry Potter Nails

Today's manicure was inspired by this video by missglamorazzi on youtube. I changed some of the patterns, but the concept is the same.

I loved this idea because I'm a huge Harry Potter geek, and having Harry Potter nails is super exciting for me.


Ok so I totally spaced and forgot to take a picture before I put on the other colors, but I started with my thumb painted black, my pointer finger painted red, my middle finger painted blue, my ring finger painted yellow, and my pinkie painted green (I'm not very happy with the green, it's not very slytherin-y). I then waited almost an hour for them to dry, applied strategic tape, and painted the gold, bronze, black, silver, and deathly hallows sign. (I had to get my little sister to do the deathly hallows sign on my right hand, I'm so not ambidextrous) 

Nail polishes used:
Revlon Colorstay Basecoat
Thumb: OPI Black Onyx & Orly Instant Artist Striper in Crisp White
Pointer Finger: Sephora by OPI Sample Sale (I think) & China Glaze Passion
Middle Finger: Spoiled Your Fly's Down & China Glaze Poetic
Ring Finger: Sally Hansen Lightening & OPI Black Onyx
Pinkie: China Glaze Paper Chaser & Sally Hansen Silver Sweep

close up of thumb

I love these nails and I refer to them as my "What I Would Have Worn To Leakycon Nails." Sigh.

Anyway. I should go.
Until next week.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how it's turned out! I also fell in-love with the China Glase's Passion that you have on your pointer finger :))

    http://www.rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete