Wednesday, January 30, 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 16: Tribal

As I stated in a previous post, I tend to directly copy other people's manicures. I don't personally see any problem with this, so I don't think it strange, like other people do. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, y'know.


So anyway, when I saw these nails on Instagram, I thought they were really interesting and original. I wasn't super enthusiastic about doing traditional tribal print, and wanted to do something a bit different.

(I didn't have a light gray, so I used nude)

I love these! I think they turned out pretty well, for my first complicated free-hand design! (:
My mom pointed out that they're not necessarily "tribal" but I think it's close enough. It's vaguely tribal looking. 

Polishes used:
Red: Essie Olé Caliente
Black: OPI Black Onyx
Nude: OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons
White: Orly White Out
Blue: Sephora by OPI Natural Environ-mint
Yellow: Sally Hansen Lightening

I used Revlon Colorstay Basecoat, as usual, and topped it all off with a coat of Sally Hansen Instadry Top Coat
Detail brushes from Urban Outfitters.

Thanks for reading!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment