Friday, January 18, 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 14: Floral


So these nails were directly inspired by this picture I saw on Instagram

I don't have the original source, I'm really sorry. If you recognize these nails, please let me know whose photo it is so I can give credit! 

I was going back and forth between this and some other inspiration pictures that I got off Instagram, but I finally decided on these. 

Roses aren't as hard as they look, actually. I just mixed the flower color together with the white base color to make a lighter shade, and swirled that and the original flower color together so it looked like a rose. I think it turned out really well. 


I used the fantastic Urban Outfitters Virgin as my base color, and Essie Navigate Her for the leaves. The blue roses are Sephora by OPI Natural Environ-mint, and the pink ones are Sephora by OPI Access 24/7.

I used my new nail art brushes for this, and I was really impressed with how well they worked. My sister got them for me for Christmas, and you can still get them here.


thumb shot

After wearing these nails for a few days, I was given the American Apparel matte topcoat, and I had to try it, so I mattified these nails and it was so gorgeous. Sorry for the bad pic quality, it was taken with my new phone, but you get the gist. I love my matte topcoat. I'm going to use it on everything. 


Well, that concludes this post.
Until next time!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment