Friday, January 18, 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 15: Delicate

When I see a manicure that I like, I tend to not only draw inspiration from the original photo, but copy the whole manicure entirely. So the other day, I found this wonderful girl who does Once Upon A Time inspired manicures. OUAT is one of my favorite TV shows and I plan on copying a lot of her manicures in the future. Anyway, I had just been looking for inspiration for these nails when I stumbled across her blog, and her Mary Margaret inspired nails just fit the prompt perfectly. I had been wanting to do something with nude or light pink and a sort of lacy design, so I just decided to recreate her nails, using polish instead of doilies.

This is the photo I went off of (I cropped it a bit), and a reference shot of Mary Margaret from the show.



 And this is my interpretation!



I'm currently trying to reshape my square nails into a more oval shape, which is why they look a bit weird.

The nude color is Sephora by OPI Don't Feed The Hand Models, and the white is Orly White Out, freehanded with a tiny brush.



I personally really like how it turned out! Very girly and delicate.
Thanks for reading
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment