Saturday, December 1, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 9: Rainbow

Okay, these nails are freaking adorable. I love them.
So I was trying to decide what to do for rainbow nails, because I didn't feel like doing a skittle manicure, and my nails aren't nearly long enough right now for a full rainbow ombre. So I googled rainbow nails, and found this post by platypus nails. It looked easy and fast, and I thought that I could try a new nail polish that I just bought, so I decided to recreate it, using a different base color.


I apologize for the terrible pictures. It is unusually stormy in Norcal right now, and I had to use artificial lighting. But you get the idea.

The base color is a recently new purchase of mine, Virgin by Urban Outfitters. It's a lovely, creamy off-white that covers beautifully in two coats.

The rainbow dots were done with a dotting tool that I made myself, out of a pencil eraser and a pin.

The colors that I used for the rainbow were, in this order:
Sephora by OPI in Fiercely Fabulous
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed
Sally Hansen Instadry in Lightening
a franken polish I made from Sinful Colors Lucky Green and OPI Black Onyx
Spoiled in Your Fly's Down
China Glaze Spontaneous

Had my nails been a bit longer, I might've been able to fit in a pink dot, as well, but I recently broke a nail and had to clip them all down short. #firstworldproblems



These are so happy looking, and I especially like the look of them over the off-white background. The overall effect isn't as bright as it would be with a stark white. I love love love it.

I'm thinking I'm going to do a sunset/skyline mani for gradient nails?? Stay tuned!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment