Wednesday, November 14, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 7: Black & White

Ok I have to admit, out of all the nails I've done in this challenge, these are my favorite.




I was pretty uninspired about this prompt, and I was considering just doing some newspaper nails, when I found these stickers that I bought for like, two dollars in Japan town, in San Francisco. I figured they'd be pretty crap, but I wanted to try them anyway.


I can't read the packaging, because it's in Japanese, obviously. So I don't know if there's any way to buy them online, but if you live anywhere near San Francisco, they sell them at one of the grocery stores in Japan town. It's in the nail polish section by the hair dye. 

Anyway, It comes with nice little picture instructions for how to apply them.


It comes with two sheets of ten, so I'll be able to get another use out of them.
As you can see, the sticker is just the black part, so I could have used any base color, really.


So I lined them up to my nail, cut it down to size, peeled off the backing, and stuck it on my white base.  Then I just used a tiny set of nail clippers to cut off the excess, and topped with two thick coats of topcoat. 

Base coat is an unnamed Orly plain white cream. 





I love how these look. It looks like I used a tiny brush and put tons of effort into my nails, doesn't it? And it was relatively quick to do.

I'm totally stocking up on them next time I'm in the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment